Tuesday 5 August 2014

Review: Flawless


Flawless
Flawless by Jan Moran

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Flawless is the story of Verena (what a beautiful name) and her struggle to keep her family skin care business afloat during an economic crisis whilst also taking care of her grandmother and younger twin sisters, and dealing with her scheming fiancé, Derrick, who is part of a plot to take down her company.

This was such a great story. I'll freely admit that I have very little knowledge of business, but Jan Moran tells the tale in a way that isn't overwhelming and even I understood what was going on. It was perfectly paced and exciting, and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen to Verena and the company.

I especially liked the characters. Verena was an utterly likeable lead – I love female characters with strong will and backbones like her – and her group of friends, Scarlett, Dahlia and Fianna were perfect additions. They each had their own uniqueness, and I hope they get their own stories too. My favourite character, of course, was Lance. It's not often that the nice guys are also ridiculously sexy, but Lance had both qualities and was lovable – I was routing for him from the moment we met him.

Great writing, excellent settings and so well described! It was a thoroughly enjoyable read, and I'll definitely be looking up more of Jan Moran's work.

Highly recommended!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment