Wednesday 31 December 2014

Because of Him - Playlist

Because of Him Playlist


I included the song list for Because of Him at the back of the book, but I thought I'd explain why I chose the songs I did in a little more detail. A lot of them are songs that the characters were actually listening to in the story, but some are just songs that really had the feeling.

Breathe Me by Sia
I love this song – an old favourite of mine – and I think it really fits Blair at the beginning of the story. I have lost myself again, Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found. She puts of a tough exterior, but really she's just an insecure girl who wants to be loved.

Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
The song playing as Blair is driving towards the diner – I think this is one of the few songs that actually gets a mention in the story. I just like this song, it's fun and I like the vibe

Slither by Velvet Revolver
The music playing in Blair's car as she drives away from Silver and the diner

Fix You by The Offspring
This is just another one that I like the sound of. I think the feel of it fits the beginning of the story

Tornado by Little Big Town
The song Blair plays when she and Silver are driving to the store. It has no significant meaning – I just love a li'l country

Gone Going by The Black Eyed Peas
Played in Merry Fairburn's when Blair first walked in.

E.T by Katy Perry
Great song (I'm a big, dorky Katy Perry fan). This one has a really sexy vibe. Totally the song in my head when I was writing the lusty scene in the bar before Nathan walked in – when Silver and Blair were about to dance.

The Anniversary Waltz by Dave Franklin
The tune playing in Granny Yo's music box

New Slang by The Shins
Blair plays this in her bedroom on her birthday – it's one of the songs on the iPod Silver gave her

Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars
This was the song playing in Silver's car on Blair's birthday. I love this song so much I actually included it in the story

Flaws by Bastille
You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve, And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground. I love this song, it's so Silver and Blair. I feel like Blair kind of teaches Silver that it's okay to be different and flawed. Also I just love Bastille, I'll probably use them in every playlist I ever make like some crazy fangirl

Gone by Lianne La Havas
This is the song I had playing as I wrote the scene where Blair contemplates her mom and loving Silver

She Is by The Fray
She is everything I need that I never knew I wanted, She is everything I want that I never knew I needed – This is Silver's song for sure

Aterciopelados by El Estuche
The music Blair and Ibbie are dancing to in Merry Fairburn's the night Silver walks in with his date

Things I'll Later Lose by Lily & Madeleine
Sad, sad Blair up in her room after she had to watch Silver and his date :(

Make Believe by The Burned
This is another where it's not the words so much as the feel of the music. It's the kind of song that makes you ache, and it's perfect for how Blair and Silver felt when they were apart

This Is Home by Switchfoot
The title says it all, really. I like this song for when things are finally coming together for Blair (after The Jemma Incident)

Ride With The Tide by Emilie Mover

This is the song I had on when writing the scene near the end when Blair is reading Silver's notes. I think it fits nicely  

No comments:

Post a Comment